EVENT REVIEW Brass Meets Big Band 15








Aloha Bombshells,

I have to admit I was dubious as to whether to post this or not, but I bit the bullet and decided to.

At the weekend I went to see a concert at the Waterside Theatre by a band that I have been following for a couple of years now called you guessed it Brass meets Big Band, If your not from these parts, you probably won't have a clue what I'm going on about, so let me tell you, this is the event that happens once a year where the both the New Forest Brass and the New Forest Big Band come together to give a wonderful night of music and this year was the 15th year they have done this. The New Forest Brass earlier this year also came 2nd in the third section and were the runner-ups in the West of England Championships in Torquay, which means they have qualified for a place in the national finals in Cheltenham later this year and have also played their way to a promotion into the 2nd Section, you can find out more about the Brass Band here.

The evening started with the Big Band opening the concert with their theme tune Sweet Georgia Brown which was very nice to listen but I have to admit I've heard better versions of the tune, that was then followed by a lovely singer by the name of Angela Jackson who sang some lovely songs from singers like Alison Moyet and Nat King Cole, then there were some male vocals from John who also plays the Alto Sax from singers like Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and Micheal Buble.

After a few numbers it was the Brass Bands turn and to open their first stint of the night they went for a well-known brass band march, both bands played very well through the night, but for me the Brass Band stole the show with a very upbeat number but I can't remember the name if it.

After an enjoyable evening of music from both bands involved, they came together at the end to play a very well known song that was originally written for the film and was performed by Liza Minnelli but was made famous by Ole Blue Eyes or Frank Sinatra as most of us probably know him by, and it was, of course, New York, New York.

When I have sorted through Saturdays footage I shall put a video up on my channel so you can see some of the numbers that were played during the evening if you want to, a book has also been written By Ken Matthews about the Brass Band and you can see more on that on the website I have linked above.



Love & Hugs 



You can find me on 

Comments

You Might Like